Mushrooms have long been celebrated as a source of powerful nutrients. Mushrooms are low in calories, fat-free, cholesterol-free and very low in sodium, yet they provide important nutrients, including selenium, potassium, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin D and more. Given below are the selected Mushroom Recipes sent by our readers.
How To Make Mushroom stuffed tomatoes Indo - Clunese style
• 300 gm. Himalya mushrooms washed with salty water and sliced vertically along with stem.
• S big sized round firm tomatoes.
• 1 medium sized onion sliced in small pieces.
• Salt to taste.
• 1/4 tsp. black pepper powder.
• 2 tbsp. garlic, ginger paste.
• 1/4 tsp. red chilly powder.
•1/4 tsp. garam — masala powder.
• 2 tbsp. butter.
• 2 tbsp. refined cooking oil.
• 1/4 tsp. turmeric powder.
• 2 tsp. kasoori metlti.
• 2 tbsp. refined oil (or any cooking oil).
• 2 medium sized onions sliced vertically.
• 1 tbsp. full chopped garlic
• 1 tbsp. full chopped ginger.
• 1 tsp. chopped green chilly.
• 1 tsp. sugar.
• Salt and black pepper to taste
• 2 tbsp. vinegar.
• 2 tbsp. soya sauce.
• 2 tbsp. tomato sauce.
• 1 tbsp. chili sauce.
• 2 tbsp. corn flour mixed in lh cup of water.
• 1 large carrot sliced vertically.
• 2 sweet peppers cut in squares.
• 8 tbsp. grated cheese.
For making Stuffed Tomatoes
1. Cut upper side of tomatoes horizontally, just to make tomatoes look like a bowl.
2. Scoop out inner pulp of tomatoes carefully. Outer hard part should be intact. Keep all tomatoes in a plate.
3. Heat reiined oil in a non-stick wok. Then add butter in the oil.
4. Sauté onion for two minutes till it becomes translucent. Add ginger, garlic paste. Stir for 2 minutes.
5. Add mushrooms. Stir on high flame till the mushrooms water dries up. Add tomatoes pulp, chili powder, turmeric powder and cook on medium heat till the mixer starts leaving the side of the pan.
6. Add salt, black pepper and kasoori methi powder and garam masala. Stir on high flame for two minutes again and then remove from heat.
7. Fill all the tomatoes with the above cooked mushroom mixture with the help of spoon. Keep aside the remaining Elling (if any).
For making gravy
1. Heat oil in pan and add garlic, ginger and green chilli and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
2. Add onion and stir till it becomes translucent.
3. Add carrot, sweet pepper, salt black pepper and sugar and stir for a minute on high flame.
4. Add vinegar, soya sauce, chilli sauce, tomato sauce and half cup of water mixed along with corn flour. Let it boil on medium flame.
5. When gravy becomes thick, remove it from flame.
6. Mix remaining filling mixture in the gravy (if any) Place all gravy in a microwave bowl and keep all the filled tomatoes carefullyabove the gravy. Sprinkle grated cheese on the upper part of tomatoes and then heat tltem in microwave on high temperature for 2-3 minutes till the cheese melts. Serve with steamed rice or chapati.
» Read More...